- Trim your wick before each burn. General rule is 1/4 in this is to insure you get the most out of your candle in terms of clean burn and longevity. If you are in need of a wick trimmer check ours out "here"
- Burn time, burn your candle for a minimum of 2 and a maximum of 4 hours at a time. FYI 3 hours is my sweet spot for burning.
- Never burn unattended, in high draft areas, or in reach of small children, or pets.
- High flame? simply extinguish the flame trim your wick allow it to cool down and relight the candle.
- Candle memory? we create your candles using coconut apricot (more on that below) this wax is widely considered as luxury or high end wax. one of the reasons is that unlike soy wax even if there is a bit of hang up along the sides of your jar don't worry by the 3rd or 4th burn your candle will catch up and you won't waste any wax.
- Maximize your scent throw! for best scent throw or what you smell while the candle is burning. Keep me your candle in a enclosed area with no open windows, keep away from drafty areas, and don’t store in direct sunlight. Refer to our candle listings to decide which candle best fits the area you desire to cover.
- keep stored away from children and pets, wax melts are not edible.
- After the 3 or 4th melt the scent will diminish. Discard by using cotton balls or place burner dish in freezer for 2 or more hours. Once frozen pop wax out of dish and discard in waste bin. Never pour wax down drains.
What the heck is a scent profile or scent notes?
Most candles have 3 notes, top, middle, and base. The top notes are usually the first thing you will notice about the fragrance this is an introduction to the scent. The middle notes may be a bit more complex and fuller than the top notes, the middle acts as a balance between the top and bottom notes. Fun fact, the bottom notes tend to be heavier and can sometimes linger a bit longer when the candle is burning.
What kind is wax is this?
We use coconut apricot wax! This is considered a luxury wax among candle makers and lovers alike. It is gluten-free, toxin-free, paraben-free, phthalate-free, and best of all comes from renewable sources. Our blend contains only FDA-approved waxes.
Today eco-friendly is honestly just a buzz word, it's easy to slap it on a product and no one will ask any questions. We decided to move away from soy wax because while it's labeled eco-friendly a bit of research will tell a different tale. The global production of soy is having a significant impact on deforestation, land and habitat loss. This is not me judging anyone who makes and or uses soy wax candles it is simply part of the reasoning behind our switch to coconut apricot wax.